Jonah Bokaer Arts Foundation, Inc. is a 501(c)3 non-profit organization committed to fostering the development, research, and presentation of new performance works across disciplines.
This mission is reflected in the following banner programs:
- To sustain the multi-disciplinary work of Jonah Bokaer Choreography, which includes choreography, media art, video, sculpture, and installation-based practices.
- To support the activities, subsidies, and performances of Jonah Bokaer Arts Foundation, a non-profit 501(c)3 organization founded in 2002 by a group of artists. Our main programs include:
– rehearsal and performance subsidies
– arts advocacy
– and community development
- To oversee, structure, and support the activities of CPR – Center for Performance Research, a L.E.E.D.-certified green building in Brooklyn, of which Jonah Bokaer Arts Foundation is a founding partner.
- To produce and document programs of contemporary performance that engage audiences in rich aesthetic and educational experiences.
- To enlarge the role of contemporary performance and enhance its contribution to society.