Jonah Bokaer Arts Foundation
304 Boerum Street #23
The Jonah Bokaer Arts Foundation is currently seeking a Part-time Studio Manager with interest and experience in working with the contemporary dance and performance scene of New York. This position oversees all management of the on-site studio. In accordance with our mission, the position also oversees management and curation of our Jonah Bokaer Arts Foundation Presents and our Artists in Residence program.
Studio Manager tasks include:
-Overseeing the studio rental calendar and studio membership program
-Processing all studio rental income
-Coordinating with the Communications Manager about upcoming events
-Interfacing and communicating daily with renters and the performance community
-Coordinating and supporting all aspects of the Residency Program
-Overseeing the general management and mission of Jonah Bokaer Arts Foundation Presents, Work In Progress Showings and Jonah Bokaer Arts Foundation Open Studios
-Assisting with grant reporting and funding associated with the studio programs
-Performing office tasks including bank deposits, answering the phone, receiving and distributing mail, and studio maintenance
The candidate will have completed a 4-year degree and have interest and knowledge of contemporary dance in New York. Candidates should be highly organized with great attention to detail. Proficiency in Microsoft Office, Excel, and Google Suite a must.
This is a part-time, 20-hour a week hourly position. Office hours are typically 10am-2pm with some nights and weekends based on performance and studio showing schedules. Some flexibility is possible.
To apply: Please email resume and cover letter to [email protected]. Please include “JBAF Studio Manager” in the subject line. No phone calls please.
Jonah Bokaer Arts Foundation (formerly Jonah Bokaer Choreography, and Chez Bushwick Inc.) is a local, state, national, and international laboratory for interdisciplinary dance, art, and live performance, operating the work of Jonah Bokaer in the United States and abroad. The Foundation also operates rehearsal and performance facilities in Bushwick, Williamsburg, and Hudson, NY. We are seeking talented, professional administrative interns to join our Brooklyn team for the Winter/Spring Season. This is a part-time position. Office hours are flexible, but may include some nights and weekends based on performances and special events schedules.
- Collaborating with Development & Marketing team on organizing special events
- Working with Development & Marketing team on research & data capture, analysis, building campaign reports and performance, updating contact lists and assist with CRM program
- Aiding the Development Manager to assist with grant reporting and funding, assisting with Grants, Individual Membership, Major Donor, Corporate/Strategic Partnerships, Fundraising Events
- In addition, this position may help with basic office tasks such as: answering the phone, the door, and receiving and distributing mail
- B.A. or M.A. candidate in Business, Arts Administration, Communications/Journalism
- Strong interpersonal and cross-cultural skills
- Positive phone, email, and electronic communications and tone
- Excellent copy-writing and copy-editing skills
- Must be organized, punctual, and dependable, with attention to detail
- Good command of Microsoft Office Suite
- Knowledge and interest in art & performance and visual arts is preferred
Please email us a cover letter and resume, both as Word or .pdf attachments, to [email protected] with “Development & Marketing Winter/Spring Internship” as the subject. In your cover letter, please include:
- Why you are interested in an internship with us
- The number of hours per week you intend to commit (minimum 10 hours/week)
- Your preferred start and end dates (generally a 3 month commitment is required, but shorter terms will be considered if the internship has a limited scope and the educational and organizational goals can be achieved with a shorter timeline)
Internship applications and inquiries are accepted on a rolling basis.